Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Favorite Time of Year

I love birthdays -- I start to get excited the few days before my birthday in anticipation...
I have no idea why
I wake up that morning happy - just b/c it's my birthday
No one has to say or do anything - I just feel special every year on April 25th regardless

In fact I only want HUGS for my birthday this year - you can never have enough of those!
I don't want/need anything, and I would rather you didn't stand in a store staring at crap, trying to guess what I would like.

it just seems silly.

you should only give gifts when you've found something that reminds you of them, regardless of the time of year - instead of wasting your time trying to find something that they MIGHT like.
and i'm a minimalist - so buying me stuff to clutter my house is actually against my way of living.
Interesting.
I love estate-saleing - finding old stuff that I can make new again, like a new beginning
so if I see something that reminds me a you whether old or new, i'll gift it to you - and you can do the same!

So when you see me, give me a hug - cuz it's my birthday!

3 comments:

Aves said...

Hey! Happy Early Birthday! And PS thank you so much for thinking of me for a job! I am heading out to Salt Lake in a few weeks to try and maybe find a job back there because I know more people out there. But if I head up to Washington I will FOR SURE send you my resume and see if you can hook me up! you are such a sweetheart to even think of me :) xoxo

The Smith Family said...

Happy Happy birthday! Consider yourself hugged! I'm with you on the clutter--ugh.

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday today!!!!!!