Mother’s Day Weekend we jumped in the car to go visit M’s fam living in Nebraska. His Great Gma lives in Tecumseh, so we headed there first. She is my favorite 93 yr old person on this earth – we stayed with her for the few nights we were there, and LOVED getting to know her better. She is hilarious and so sharp – I hope be half as quick as she is when I’m in my nineties!
Mark’s grandparents were in-town for the weekend also, it was so good to see them as it has been a while since we got to spend time with them. They both grew up near Tecumseh and were married in the Catholic church in-town, so they showed us around, introduced us to their siblings, and gave us great history about the families and how they lived.
We spent our last day at Esther & Eldon’s farm, and had a wonderful Mother’s Day lunch with all the family. There is something really fantastic about living in the country – having nature be right outside your front door – Eldon’s family settled here decades ago and that kind of history really speaks to me. Something I’m loving about this part of the country is the rich history here – people value the past and work to preserve it. I like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment