In about a week I'll be turning 23, which sounds old to some and young to others - the fact that I look exactly the same as I did in high school makes me feel like 23 is a big number! Also I continue to get carded, so I obviously don't look like a few years over the golden age of 21, but i'm just getting used to it now instead of insulted!
Going back to the home town has got me thinking about just how long ago high school was, since I measure my life by the timing of my diseases, it's been 2 1/2 years since my gall bladder surgery (yes i've gone w/o eating any type of fat for over 2 years and am still alive), it's been 5 1/2 years since my heart surgery, and 6 years since my tumor surgery.
During that time I've driven through 24 states, kissed a few boys, broke a few hearts, got sued, stalked, and stressed, gained a lot of friends all over the country, found my amazing husband, and earned a degree....maybe it is time to stay in one area for a while.
1 comment:
happy birthday! whether late or early, I'm not sure, but I hope it was great! April birthdays are the best... :)
Post a Comment