Working Moms can Cheat
I'm here living the double life, straddling the working & stay at home mom divide and happy to debunk a few myths along the way.
For all moms who've noticed a nice hair-do and pair of heels on a business-mom and wondered:
"How does she hold down a job, take care of kids, and have time to look all dolled up everyday?"
I'll let you in on the secret: Working moms can cheat, and it's okay.
On the days I work, my nanny comes to play with W so I can get my work done - that's assumed. The secret lies in that when my nanny is here I have minutes to myself: I can take a quick shower, pick an outfit, look in the mirror and put on mascara. Ready for the best part? I can use the restroom ALL BY MYSELF!
Of course I pay for this cheating luxury, but it's kinda cheating because if I didn't work and took care of W all day everyday I wouldn't have the option of booking a nanny for only 30mins a day to get ready. However I would love if we could start a new trend, because these days I don't work I am given no me-time, look much less "together" and never use the restroom alone. It needs to be understood by all SAHMs and their men that a girls night or date night once every few weeks is not the same as having time to myself 3-4 times a week to shower and be inside my own head. Kudos to the women who can't take a shower without singing songs to appease a claustrophobic baby/toddler in the bathroom.
Working moms cheat in this area and it's okay; it's not easy and big sacrifices are made by women who work. I am currently revaluating my position in the workforce because of these large sacrifices I've been forced to make. Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment