Monday, March 23, 2015

Honest Questions

I have pondered a few questions for years and decided it's time to address the community with these conundrums. Please know I ask in complete honesty and innocence here - I am in no place to judge, just wondering....


Why do Animal Lovers and Activists always have pets?
  If you believe in standing up for Animal Rights, and setting free the animals in captivity, why do you have a dog/cat/bird/reptile/turtle in a cage at home? or locked in your house? or fenced on your property?


Why do people who like the same gender as themselves, take on the traits of the opposite gender?
   Shouldn't a guy who finds other guys attractive, take on or like the things in our society that are stereotypically masculine? Why are guys who like guys getting manicures while the girls who like girls are getting short haircuts and hanging out at the hardware store?
I've pondered this one for about 15 years.
I'm a woman; if I was interested in impressing only other women I think I would avoid all man-clothes, man-hairdos, man-talk, and assume the best way to attract another female would be to act and look more feminine. Wouldn't the perfect date be a spa-day with my special someone?


Why do people live together before getting married? -
   Occupying the same space with someone, even if you love them, is really hard. You have no personal space or area, EVERYTHING is shared....everything that used to be yours is now "Ours". Why put yourself through this while you're still dating? Or worse, when you're engaged and planning your wedding (lots of stress + arguments + he keeps stealing the covers). Marriage is sacred to me, but it's also our country and culture's action of making a life-long or eternal commitment to the other person - why move in when you've both agreed your partnership is temporary as of right now? In the future you may find martial bliss but you're getting elbowed at the bathroom sink today. Wouldn't that be like buying a license plate cover, keychain and seat covers for your rental car, and keeping it pristine and detailed? All that effort and attachment to a car you have not agreed to buy.  
*Also if you are Christian you wouldn't want to live together before marriage because of the whole fornication issue, it's a big issue. Those that do can repent of course, but giving a part of yourself to someone with no promise of future love takes a toll in many ways.


Who actually likes clowns?
   I suffer from clown-ophobia (this is not the clinical term). I watched the 80s horror flick "It" and never looked at a clown the same again. I think that clown makeup and attire is super-creepy. I want to know who actually enjoys the company of clowns? Who loves the circus BECAUSE there are clowns there? So far in my research I have found 0 people on planet earth that love clown feet, painted smiles and can't get enough of their red honking noses.....zero people. I don't want to ruin you but I dare you to watch the movies "It" and "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" and come tell me you still love giving clowns big hugs. I dare you.   

1 comment:

Rachael said...

These are all super valid questions. "It" also traumatized me when I was little.