Through my church I helped plan a big community service event to remember 9/11
9/11 Day of Service Northwest is what it was called - we had a great turnout, about 400+ came to serve and make the community better!
As part of the service a group went to a National Veterans Cemetery not far from where I live, and washed the headstones of the soldiers that are buried there.
It was pretty powerful stuff
They also have a service the 2nd Saturday of every month to honor those veterans that have died within the last month
Just so happens this memorial service was on 9/11 this year
Pretty powerful stuff

2 comments:
That is awesome.
Could I be more proud of my family? You and dad really persevered and organized, and people really loved the opportunity to serve. The Tahoma cemetary is awesome... everyone should go by for a service - very very moving and patriotic and even humbling. They gave their lives...
Post a Comment