While working my big-kid job and listening to Rascal Flatts at my desk I have decided that I love Mark - oh are you not surprised? There's more...
A big reason we are attracted to each other is the same reason we have contention:
Independence and intelligence
So i've decided that for 1 week instead of bringing up points I assume he has not thought of to broaden his horizons I will simply say "I love you".
(He's never looked at this blog in his life so he won't find out about this experiment)
When we began our relationship I knew if he was able to be as independent and perceptive as he seemed we'd be good together-but we have strong opinions that differ sometimes: kids, jobs, politics, We don't argue much - but when discussions get deep, emotions tend to rise and I'd rather have constant positivity in my home.
But how could we not feel differently on these issues?
We came from such opposite backgrounds
Except regardless of where we came from, we are in the same place together now.
So instead of playing devils advocate I will tell him "I love you."
Because I do, and I want him to know that.
Life is too short and I want to use time we have to build our relationship instead of dwelling on our many differences.
I'll let you know how it goes!
5 comments:
That's so good! I'm excited to hear how it goes. I wonder if he'll catch on and be like...hey, what's going on? Sounds good either way!
I say that is a fabulous strategy! Its good that you both recognize your independence and individuality and appreciate it.. But you are right it can sometimes cause tiffs (I myself know how that can go in a relationship!!)... Life is too short, we just need to love :) You are so cute April.
I love you.... marriage is hard! I like the idea of saying I love you all the time! I could use that advice myself!
Very wise. Marriage can be so hard...and letting the other win can make a big difference sometimes. I am going to try this idea...thanks for sharing your "AHA" Moment with us.
sounds like a good strategy! I should try that one myself... good luck!
Post a Comment